The Joule Shocks by Apolla are compression sleeves that provide arch and ankle support while allowing the balls of your feet and heels to be exposed. They are perfect for dancing barefoot, helping to reduce pain and prevent injury while also allowing you to feel the floor.
Joule Shocks can also be worn over pointe shoes, inside ballet slippers, or with ANY shoe, keeping within your studio's dress code and protecting your body.
Features of the Apolla Joule Shock include:
• Open heel and ball of the foot, allowing for a natural grip on the floor.
• Made from antimicrobial, breathable, moisture-wicking Sorbtek® technology that help keeps your feet drier, cooler, and less smelly.
• Patented targeted compression that provides revolutionary arch support and ankle stability. This lifts and stabilizes your arches which helps reduce stress of the plantar fascia, and also helps remove inflammation in your feet which can cause pain and force you to stop dancing.
• Comfort fit on Achilles tendon makes it comfortable on the back of your heel and does not interfere with the heel of the shoe.
• Washable to extend their lifetime. In fact, the fit gets more comfortable with wear and washing, as Apolla Shocks form to your foot over time for a perfect, custom fit.
Apolla Joule Shocks are offered with or without their patent-pending, refreshable invisible traction on the ball of the foot. This gives grip you can feel when you need it and takes a backseat when you don’t. Over time as the grip wears off, you can "re-stick it" using E6000 Spray Adhesive. This refreshes the grip over and over for the life of the Shocks. Learn more by watching the video under our Video tab on this page.
Wearing compression socks feels like your feet and ankles are receiving a nice, snug hug. Apolla uses compression levels that are high enough to support the arches and stabilize the ankle’s tendons and ligaments. Wear your Apolla Shocks in class for support and to reduce inflammation, then wear them AFTER class for recovery. They are also great for travel and everyday wear. If you are nursing an injury, wear your Shocks as much as you can. This is very similar to the support you will get from taping, except it allows for better movement and comfort. This compression helps remove the inflammation, which in turn helps you ache less and feel better!
Apolla Joule Shocks are available in Adult sizes X-Small - X-Large.
The above chart is provided as a guide only. As foot shapes vary there may be some variance. For example if you have narrow and/or bony feet and are at the low end of a size range you may prefer a smaller size. Likewise if you have wide and/or thick feet and are at the high end of a size range you may prefer a larger size.
Ask A Question About This Product: